When riding your motorcycle it’s important to know what’s going on around you and to be comfortable.
You need to have a good full-face or modular helmet that will not only protect you, but give you some great features.
This is where a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet comes in handy. But you might be wondering:
What is a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet? What is a good helmet for me to buy? What type of features does it provide?
This article will tell of the best Bluetooth helmets in 2018.
These include features like getting GPS directions, listening to music, making and listening to phone calls, and an intercom system.
Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmets Review Of 2018
The helmets you’ll read about include features like Bluetooth speakers for motorcycle helmets. With a full-face or modular helmet, your face will also be protected thanks to its design.
When you go to buy a Bluetooth speaker helmet there are many choices. Here is a list of the top 10 best Bluetooth helmets of 2018 that feature a fantastic communication system.
|Type of Bluetooth||Helmet Color||Modular or Full- Face Helmet?|
|DWO-3 Bluetooth||Matte Black||Full-Face||Check Price|
|HJC Solid||N/A||Black||Full-Face||Check Price|
|IV2 Modular Model ||N/A||Matte Black||Modular||Check Price|
|TORC T10B||Bluetooth 2.0||Flat Black||Full-Face||Check Price|
|TORC T10B||Bluetooth 2.0||Flat Black||Full-Face||Check Price|
|Bell Impulse DLX Street|
|N/A||Black Matte||Full-Face||Check Price|
|IV2 Helmet + Bluetooth Combo||SENA SMH5 Wireless Bluetooth 3.0||VIPER Green||Modular||Check Price|
|VCAN Blinc 210||Bluetooth 2.0||Flat Black||Modular||Check Price|
|AVE A-20 Atom||Bluetooth 2.0||Green||Modular||Check Price|
|ILM Bluetooth Modular||Bluetooth 2.0||White||Modular and Full-Face||Check Price|
Many of the helmets above already provide Bluetooth access once you buy them. However, some don’t, so keep this in mind when shopping for one. It’s important to look at the type of Bluetooth in the helmet, as each type is different and will work best in certain situations.
It is also important to look at the style of Bluetooth helmet you’re going to buy. A modular and full-face helmet are different from each other, so be sure to keep this in mind when out shopping for a helmet. You also want to look at the features provided in each helmet.
Each helmet will give you different features, so if you want certain one, such as GPS access, be sure to choose the helmet that will provide that for you. Below are product reviews of these Bluetooth helmets that will tell more about each of these helmets.
1. BILT Techno - A Full-Face Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet
The Techno full-face helmet is made of a polycarbonate shell and features a great ventilation system in it. These air vents help circulate the air to prevent overheating in the helmet.
With its DWO-3 Bluetooth you have the ability to make phone calls, listen to audio, and use a GPS system.
The speakers let you hear clearly and its intercom system has two ways: rider to rider and rider to passenger. The intercom system can work properly with anyone who is no more than 2 feet away.
This helmet also comes with a sun shield and safety fastener so it can fit properly on your head and won’t fly off. The sun shield is tinted, which helps you to see the road better while riding. The padding in the interior of the helmet helps ensure comfort while riding and is removable.
- This helmet is a cheap option compared to the other Bluetooth helmets. If you’re looking for an affordable Bluetooth helmet, consider this one.
- You can buy the helmet in colors other than matte black. This means you can choose a stylish color for the helmet that you’d like.
- If you need to replace the padding or something else in the helmet, it is easy to find parts to do so.
- The helmet weighs only 3 lbs. This makes it a lightweight Bluetooth helmet option that won’t be uncomfortable to wear.
- This helmet might not be as secure as one might like it to be.
- The intercom system will only connect with a rider who has a similar helmet. So, the helmet for passengers needs to be the same if you want to talk with them.
- The DWO-3 Bluetooth system is not pre-installed into the helmet. This means you’ll have to install it yourself.
- There is no noise canceling feature in this helmet. So if you’re trying to listen to music or a phone call it may be difficult to hear it.
2. HJC Solid- A CL-Max II Sports Bike Motorcycle Helmet with Bluetooth
This modular helmet is made of a polycarbonate shell. The chin bar is made of a polycarbonate alloy. It features a face shield that gives you UV ray protection.
There is also an Advanced Channeling Ventilation System in this helmet, which helps the air to flow from the front to the back of the helmet while you’re wearing it. This helps to make sure the inside of the helmet doesn’t get too hot.
Besides this, there is also a QuickSlide Tool-less Shield Replacement System and a one button chin bar release that comes with this helmet. The shield replacement system allows you to easily remove and replace the sun shield on the helmet. Also, this helmet has a bio-ceramic anti-bacterial nylex. The padding inside the helmet is both removable and washable.
- The one button chin bar release is great as it will let you quickly and easily remove the helmet. The button can easily be pressed with one hand.
- The UV ray face shield will help protect you from 95% of these harmful sun rays while you’re out riding with this helmet.
- This helmet is available in many other stylish colors so you don’t have to settle with just one certain color.
- This helmet comes in various sizes. You can choose from its smallest size (X-Small) to its largest (5X-Large).
- While this is a Bluetooth helmet, you will need to buy a separate Bluetooth unit to use with it. However, there are spaces in the helmet to put the Bluetooth device in.
- This is a somewhat heavy helmet. It weight about 16 lbs. So, it might be a little heavy on your head and when you carry it around.
- Sometimes the air flow will not work as well as it should.
- This helmet is not good at reducing noise while riding. This means you might not be able to hear music and phone calls.
3. IV2 Modular Model #936 - A Modular Flip-Up Helmet
This Bluetooth helmet is made of a thermoplastic shell. It has a modular flip-up which is easy to use. This flip-up can be activated with a button. The helmet has a ventilation system to help keep the interior of the helmet cool.
There is also an EPS Impact Absorption Inner Liner feature that comes with this helmet. The ABS Thermoplastic feature of this helmet will help protect you from any hard impact that might hit your helmet while wearing it. The inner padding is removable and can be washed.
The controls are waterproof and the helmet is also scratch proof. There is also a buckle system that you can use to quickly lock this helmet in place and later release. This helmet comes in the sizes of X Small -XX Large.
- This helmet comes with a cloth helmet bag that you can use to store this helmet in.
- It is a lightweight helmet compared to other Bluetooth ones. It is only 4 lbs.
- This helmet comes with two extra shields: clear and dark.
- A free tinted visor comes with this helmet. Because it is tinted, it will help you to see better while out riding.
- The sun shield allows you to have a wide view. This wide view will help you to see better while you’re out riding.
- Because the helmet is scratch proof, you won’t be riding around with any unattractive marks on it.
- Sometimes this helmet will not stay secure once it’s fastened on.
- The sizing can be a little confusing. Sometimes they will not fit properly.
- A Bluetooth unit is not pre-installed in this helmet. This means you’ll have to buy and install it yourself.
- There is a DOT Certified decal on the backof the helmet. This decal is not removable.
4. TORC T14B MAKO - A Full-Face Helmet with Integrated Bluetooth
This helmet is made of a thermo-polymer alloy shell that is Bluetooth integrated. With this Bluetooth feature,you don’t need to worry about buying another Bluetooth unit to use with it. The Bluetooth provided comes with stereo speakers and has a noise canceling microphone.
It has an aerodynamic frame that is lightweight so the helmet won’t be heavy while you wear it. The interior is made of a removable padding that can be washed. The padding is also laser contoured. This helps ensure maximum comfort and safety while wearing it.
The helmet has a SmoothLock Visor System, which locks the helmet’s visor securely in place. The sun visor drops down and will help protect your eyes from the sun while you’re out riding. The helmet also comes with a Dual-Density EPS System, which helps protect you from any high impact that might hit your helmet.
The helmet has a DD-ring fastener to secure the helmet.This helmet also features an optically correct flat panel shield. It comes in sizes X-Small to XX Large.
- It is a cheap helmet compared to many other Bluetooth ones. If you’re looking for an affordable helmet with a Bluetooth feature, this is a good one to try.
- It comes with a helmet bag that you can use to store and carry this helmet around in.
- This helmet is also good to use when riding touring bikes.
- It has a neck brace in the back to help secure the helmet. This feature will also help better protect you while out riding.
- There are many colors and styles to choose from with this helmet. Besides the flat black mentioned in the comparison table you can also find flat white, flat grey nuke, black, and flat black.
- Sometimes the speakers and Bluetooth in this helmet don’t function properly.
- The speakers do not have bass.
5. TORC T10B - A Full-Faced Helmet with Blinc 2.0 Bluetooth
This Bluetooth helmet is made with an aerodynamic shell. It has an adjustable forehead and chin vents that you can easily move. The helmet has an interior padding that you can remove and wash.
The buttons on the helmet are waterproof, so you don’t need to worry about water destroying them. This helmet lets you stream music and use a GPS. It features two speakers and a noise canceling microphone.
There is also a DSP filter included in the helmet. A battery is needed to use with this helmet, but it is included with your purchase.
- This helmet has an intercom system that lets you talk two ways: rider to rider and rider to passenger. This intercom system can last up to eight hours, so you can use it for a long time.
- The intercom system also lets you talk to another motorcycle rider who is notfarther away than 100 ft.
- There is the ability to sync more than 2 helmets with this Bluetooth one. So, the helmet for passengers can easily sync with this one.
- This helmet is scratch resistant, so you don’t need to worry about unappealing marks all over it.
- The sun shield is also fog-free. This means you can ride around without fear of it hindering and hurting your vision.
- It weighs only 4 lbs., so it is a lightweight helmet option.
- When a call is made to your phone, the system will automatically answer it. This means if you’re in the middle of a conversation with the intercom it will be interrupted.
- Sometimes the Bluetooth volume isn’t very loud. This can make it hard for you to hear any conversations or music you might be listening to.
- The helmet does not have a tinted shade. This means it might be difficult to see while riding.
- This helmet only comes in one color, so there isn’t a color selection for you to choose from.
6. Bell Impulse DLX Street - A DLX Street Bike Motorcycle Helmet
This Impulse motorcycle helmet is made of a polycarbonate shell. It is made of a lightweight aerodynamic design. This design helps to make sure noise such as the wind is reduced while riding.
It has an adjustable ventilation systems as well as an anti-bacterial interior padding. The interior also features contoured pads. These pads work to give you comfort and extra safety while you’re out riding. The interior pads/lining are removable and washable.
To both secure and remove the Impulse helmet, it has a ClickRelease feature which allows you to easily and quickly put it on or remove it. This ClickRelease function also helps you to quickly change the shield when you need to.
This Impulse DLX Streethelmet also has an integrated speaker that you can use to listen to music. It also has a wind collar that helps to reduce wind and other noises that you encountered while out riding.
The helmet also has a NutraFog II Superior Anti-Fog feature that will help prevent the helmet from any fog that could hinder your vision.
Underneath the helmet is a chin strap that uses a D-ring closure. With this helmet, you can buy an XS motorcycle helmet size all the way to an L helmet size.
- The shield that comes with this helmet has UV ray protection. This will help give you extra protection from these harmful rays while you’re out riding.
- The helmet is also scratch proof, which will help prevent any unattractive marks from being on it.
- There is a breath deflector so you don’t need to worry about having to clean the shield constantly.
- Besides the matte black, this Bluetooth helmet also comes with the choice of gray and pink/black.
- This Bluetooth helmet can sometimes be a little a too tight and might cause a little discomfort because of this.
- The Bluetooth unit is sold separately. This means you’ll have to make an extra purchase and install it yourself. You also need to buy a mounting plate for the Bluetooth.
- This helmet works best with only two Bluetooth types: Bell Sena SMH10 and Cardo Scala Rider Q1/Q3.
- Sometimes the shield doesn’t clear the fog. This can hinder your ability to see while out riding.
- The helmet doesn’t always cancel out the loud noises while riding. This can cause you to not hear music or phone calls correctly and can also hurt your ears.
7. IV2 Helmet + Bluetooth Combo - A Modular/Flip-Up Motorcycle Helmet with SENA Bluetooth
This stylish Bluetooth helmet is created with an Advanced Thermoplastic Shell Technology. It features a button that will let you both secure and remove the helmet easily. This button will also let you easily move from a full-face helmet to an open-face helmet in a matter of seconds. The helmet has waterproof controls so you don’t need to worry about water destroying them.
It has a ventilation system that features 10 vents. This will help prevent the helmet’s interior from overheating. There is also an EPS Impact Absorption Inner Liner. This helps give your head extra protection from any high impact that might hit your helmet. The inner padding in this helmet is both removable and washable.
A DD-ring strap is underneath the helmet which you can use to secure the helmet better. The Bluetooth unit provided has a headset and intercom system. This can be used with four other headsets. The unit will let you listen to music and can be voice controlled.
- The sun visor that comes with this helmet is scratch proof.
- This helmet comes with a cloth helmet bag that you can use to both carry and store this helmet in.
- This is also a top snowmobile helmet to use, so you can use it not only for just riding motorcycles but snowmobiles as well.
- As it only weighs about 6 lbs., it is a lightweight helmet choice.
- Many colors and styles are available with this helmet. You can choose from colors/styles such as gloss black, patriot, scorpion, and viper red.
- While a Bluetooth unit comes with it, the Bluetooth unit is not pre-installed. This means you’ll have to do so yourself.
- The quality of the speaker is not the best. It can be a little hard to hear what is being said through it sometimes.
- This helmet does not have an XS motorcycle helmet size. It also doesn’t have an XXL one.
8. VCAN Blinc 210 - A Full Modular Helmet
This modular Bluetooth helmet is made of an ABS thermoplastic shell. The Bluetooth unit in the helmet has 2 speakers. These speaker can be used to listen to GPS directions, music, phone calls, and the intercom system that is provided.
This intercom system lets you talk from passenger to rider and rider to passenger. It also lets you speak to another motorcyclist who is not farther away than 30 ft.
The microphone is noise canceling, so it won’t be hard for others to hear you. It also features waterproof controls and a retractable sun visor. The battery in the helmet lets you talk up to 15 hours. The helmet also has an LED indicator to show when the battery is running low. The battery can be fully recharged in about 6 hours.
There is a ventilation system in the helmet to help air flow easily circulate in the helmet. To provide extra security, there is a metal latch underneath the helmet that you can use to snap the helmet in place. The interior has a comfortable padding that can be removed and washed when needed.
- The helmet is scratch proof, so there is no need to worry about any unappealing marks on it.
- This helmet has a wind-noise reduction feature which will help prevent any annoying noises from occurring.
- It is a lightweight helmet choice, as it weighs only 4 lbs.
- This helmet is made to be extra secure once it’s on your head. This means you don’t need to worry about it flying off at any time.
- There is not an XS helmet size.
- This helmet is only available in two color choices: flat black and black.
- The helmet’s visor can sometimes crack. This means you might need to buy a replacement.
- The Bluetooth’s volume control can sometimes not work properly.
9. AVE A-20 Atom - A Modular/Flip-Up Motorcycle Helmet with Integrated Bluetooth
This stylish and lightweight helmet is great for street motorcycles. It is made of a High-Impact Resistant Thermoplastic. Its interior features an integrated Bluetooth system that can be used to listen to music, GPS directions, and the intercom.
You can use this Bluetooth with 2 helmets. The microphone in the helmet has a noise canceling feature. This will help you to clearly hear. The interior also has paddings made of anti-bacterial polyester and microfiber, which are both removable and washable.
These paddings are very comfortable and will help keep your head safe while wearing the helmet.The helmet has a special Proactive and Dynamic ventilation system. The ventilation system also has an Over Head Airflow System. This helps to keep the air circulating in the helmet to prevent any overheating. The helmet’s double visor is 100% UV ray protected and is also anti-scratch and fog proof. The visor is also retractable.
The helmet has the function of being able to go from full-face to open-face very quickly. A battery and its charger also comes with the helmet. This helmet comes in sizes M, L, XL, and XXL.
- This helmet only weighs about 4 lbs., making it lightweight and easy to both carry and wear.
- You can also buy 3 other visor types for this helmet: smoke, mirror, and dark.
- This helmet also comes in colors such as white/red and black.
- The ventilation system works very well. This will help make sure you have an adequate air flow in the helmet while wearing it.
- Sometimes the Bluetooth is not loud enough, which might make it hard to hear any conversations or music.
- The back of the helmet does has a DOT Certified decal. This decal can’t be removed.
- When you try to lock the helmet it can sometimes be a little difficult to do so.
- This is not a cheap helmet option. It tends to be a very expensive Bluetooth helmet.
10. ILM Bluetooth Modular - A Full-Face/Flip-Up Helmet
This stylish Bluetooth helmet has a flip-up and full-face feature which is easy to use. The helmet lets you play music, make phone calls, and use GPS. These can be activated with the voice command feature. It also has a phone call override feature. When you receive a phone call, this feature will stop your intercom communication so you can either answer or reject the call.
The intercom system in this helmet lets you talk to another rider who is not more than 100 ft. away. When talking, the microphone in the helmet is noise canceling and also has a DSP Echo cancellation feature. These two things will help ensure that you can properly hear and speak clearly. The helmetalso has 2 stereo speakers. The Bluetooth feature will let you talk for 8 hours before the battery needs to be recharged.
The padding inside the helmet is comfortable while wearing it. It can also be removed and washed. The helmet has an EPS Impact Absorption Liner, which helps to give to extra protection from any hard impacts that might hit the helmet. The helmet comes in sizes M, L, and XL.
- The helmet comes with both a battery and charger so you don’t need to make an extra purchase.
- This helmet has an excellent noise cancellation feature. This will help you to hear and speak clearly while wearing this Bluetooth helmet.
- This helmet gives you many different color and style choices, so you have a variety of choices to choose from.
- It is a lightweight helmet, so it won’t be too heavy and uncomfortable while wearing it.
- This is not a cheap helmet. It tends to be a very expensive one.
- Sometimes it can be a little too tight on your head. This might end up causing extreme discomfort.
- Occasionally the Bluetooth volume won’t go high enough for you to hear things clearly.
Bluetooth MotorCycle Helmets Buyer’s Guide
Easy to Use
Even though these are the most advanced motorcycle helmets, they are very easy to use. However, they each have their own specific ways of working. Be sure to check your specific helmet’s instructions to ensure that you’re using it properly.
Overall, they all have the same basicusage ideas. Just make sure that the helmet is secure when wearing it and that all locks and buckles have been fastened. Be sure to also check to make sure the visor is in place and you can clearly see out of it. Also, make sure that the chin strap is secure. This is an important feature of the helmet that ensures extra safety and that it will stay on your head while wearing it.
Once you’re done using it, clean it off and make sure it is not damaged in any way. If the helmet comes with a helmet bag, store it in that.
Basically, you just need to make sure that everything has been locked in place. If it hasn’t been, the helmet will not protect you and stay on your head.
Sometimes a Bluetooth helmet will come with a dual visor. This means you have an additional visor. Besides the front visor that helps you see and protect your eyes, a dual visor will often be tinted. This will help you when riding out in the sun and will help you to see better when using your motorcycle.
Bluetooth is a wireless way to transport information, sounds, and calls from one device to another. These devices are often used very closely together. Because it is wireless, it is great to use with helmets such as these. You can power the Bluetooth with a battery. Most of the time a Bluetooth helmet will come with a battery and charger.
As you can see from the comparison table above, there are many different types of Bluetooth that can be used with these helmets. Each helmet comes with its own type. This makes it important to know just what each type is and how they are different from the others.
Types of Bluetooth
One of these helmets uses DWO-3 Bluetooth. This type of Bluetooth will connect to other helmets that are within 2 ft. This type also needs to usually be installed.
This type of Bluetooth is a basic Bluetooth speed. It can transfer 3 megabits per second.
SENA SMH5 Wireless Bluetooth 3.0
This is a high-speed Bluetooth, which means the calls or music you stream will be quick and come in without any issues. It can transfer 20 megabits per second.
Is the Bluetooth Pre-Installed or Not?
Another thing to keep in mind about the Bluetooth is whether it comes pre-installed or not. If the Bluetooth is already pre-installed, you don’t need to worry about buying a separate Bluetooth unit. If it is not already pre-installed, you’ll have to buy a separate Bluetooth unit and install it yourself. Sometimes the Bluetooth unit can be clipped on the side of your helmet.
If you don’t want to worry about having to make a separate purchase and installing the Bluetooth unit yourself, look for a pre-installed helmet. However, if you have a Bluetooth unit you already use, you can often use this with the helmet instead of having to buy another unit.
What Features Does the Bluetooth Provide?
The Bluetooth feature on these helmets gives you access to many incredible features. These features include streaming music, using GPS, and making phone calls.
These can be activated by voice control. The helmet will then sound the music, directions, or phone call that you desire to listen to. Because these can be activated with your voice, you don’t need to worry about adjusting anything while riding, making it a convenient thing to have.
Besides these features, Bluetooth helmets often also come with an intercom system. This intercom system can work in many ways such as rider to rider and rider to passenger. It does depend on the type of helmet though as each helmet does come with its own intercom capabilities.
Modular vs. Full-Face Helmets
While they may seem similar, there are many differences between a modular and full-face helmet. As many of the helmets listed above are one of these types, it’s important to know what they are and what their purpose is.
A modular helmet is a mix of both an open and full-face helmet. The front comes all the way up so you can easily remove it when you’re taking a break from riding. Because of this easy-to-open feature, you can breathe some fresh air quickly while riding. However, a modular helmet is not as safe as a full-face one. You need to make sure it is completely closed while you’re riding. Also, the helmet isn’t as strong to protect you from heavy impact to the helmet like a full-face helmet is.
A full-face helmet is a very safe helmet. Unlike the modular helmet, it will protect you from any high impact that might hit your helmet while you’re riding. A full-face helmet is lightweight so it won’t be uncomfortable and heavy on you during your ride. It also has air vents in it so air flow will circulate through it to prevent any overheating in the helmet. A full-face helmet also gives you protection from weather elements such as rain while you’re riding. This helps ensure safety and visibility during your ride. This type of helmet is one solid piece, unlike the modular helmet which opens up.
What Size Helmet Should I Buy?
When buying a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet, it is critical that you buy the correct helmet size. If you buy one that is too small or large, it won’t protect you properly and can cause some serious problems. When trying to find the correct helmet size for yourself there are a few things to keep in mind.
Before buying one, you want to make a measurement of the circumference of your head. Once you do so, you can find a helmet chart so you can find the correct corresponding helmet size. For instance, a head measurement of 23 inches usually fits with a large helmet size.
Another thing to keep in mind in the interior of the helmet. The interior has padding, so you want to make sure that the padding will not be too uncomfortable. If it is, searching for another helmet.
One test to check to see if the helmet will fit properly is to slide it on your head. Then, secure all the locks and straps. After doing so, start to move your head around. If the helmet moves around while you do, it is not the correct size. This important to check because if the helmet moves here, it will not stay secure while you’re out riding. Therefore, you won’t be protected from any impact that might hit your helmet.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
There are a few other things to keep in mind when shopping for a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet. You want to make sure the helmet you are interested in is DOT safety certified. If it’s not, then don’t buy that helmet. You also want to make sure there is padding in the helmet. If there isn’t, the helmet won’t properly protect you.
While a cheap Bluetooth motorcycle helmet might be tempting to buy, sometimes investing in a more expensive one can be better. These usually have more features and added protection.
Final Words – Wrapping it up
These are some of the most comfortable motorcycle helmets in the market today. Even with all the features built into the helmet, they are still often lightweight and comfortable to use when you’re out riding.
These helmets have the best value for Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmets. The intricate technology involve and safety features show you how great these values are.
When out shopping for a Bluetooth helmet, check to see if the Bluetooth comes pre-installed or not. Also be sure to know whether you want a full-face or modular helmet.
Consider all of the features, types, and functions of the helmets listed above when buying one of these best quality motorcycle helmets.